I find it rather amusing and yet ridiculous that I’m constantly faced with unexpected change. By now, I would think that I would just expect the unexpected, lol. That I would take anything for granted or assume it’s going to be the same is laughable, and yet I still find myself doing it. I mean just look at the past few months for example. I decided to homeschool, I found out I was pregnant, one of my hens was a boy…..(by the way, I named him Henry. He’s entertaining to say the least. Yesterday I found him in my tomato patch!)
With the completely unexpected arrival of a new baby, I should have guessed that this pregnancy would also be different than my previous two. But, of course I was blindsided by an acute bought of morning sickness, which I might add isn’t just in the morning! We are taking 24 hours a day people.
I never had any with the boys. But it seems as though it’s caught up with me, since I was completely bedridden and didn’t eat for two whole days. Luckily, my wonderful husband came to the rescue, again, and found me some PsiBands (some of you may have heard of Sea Bands) which are bracelets that basically do pressure points on your wrist. Relieving nausea, motion sickness and apparently used by chemo patients as well. I have been wearing those constantly (taking them off for a short time every 48 hours) and chewing ginger gum every time I feel a bit, well nauseous, which seems to come and go depending on what I eat. The lack of food has really run me down and right now I’m just trying to regain my strength.
Needless to say, I’m slow going at the moment and almost everything around the house was put on hold. Including my poor garden which I came out to see today
Not quite sure what I’m going to do about all the grass, but at least what I planted is still alive….right?
And my poor flower bed out front is a complete jungle that will probably get re-done in the fall, assuming I’m over this.
Luckily I was feeling well enough to make a picnic for the boys and eat popsicles with them outside. Popsicles seem to really help right now too.
Plus, I got to download…upload….load some pictures from Luke’s 10th birthday.
And a pregnant picture for all my silly ladies that have asked for one, lol.
Well, lets hope I can get over this and not have a whole pregnancy of illness….’cause that would suck…for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment