It will probably always be a work in progress, like everything else around here. But for now, it safely houses the chickens. I figure on painting the planter (though it looks more like a feeding trough to me…) a brilliant cobalt blue to jazz it up a bit. The trim on the windows are black to tie in with the chicken.
Joe built me these awesome nesting boxes (complete with removable bottoms so that I can replace pieces when they wear out!) from scratch!
And then installed some roosting bars complete with a poop deck (literally, lol!) I got the idea off of a backyard chicken coop with limited space. That way you can put food under the roost without it getting covered in, well, you know.
The ladies are still too young to start roosting that high, so they use their little bars down in the corner.
Next on the list is to tackle the garden.
Sigh, I’m almost dreading it this year because I haven’t started a thing! Ekkk!
No comments:
Post a Comment