Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

They have arrived!

LS00018lg

Today we as Catholics, and Christians alike, celebrate when the three wise men come bearing gifts for Jesus! Why is this important? Well think about who comes to worship Jesus in the manger. You have everyone from the lowliest shepherds( who were considered the bottom of the pile then) to wise magi traveling from far lands just to see and give praise to a baby….born on the floor of a stable, a barn…with animals! That gave a great importance, that this savior was for all men. Everyone had access to Him. He was and is for all who come. That’s a pretty big deal and it says so much.

After some looking on Pinterest, I found some coloring pages along with the idea for a new tradition. I would greatly like to move Christmas back to where is originally belonged. The time between Christmas Eve and Epiphany, which is today. (You know, that twelve days of Christmas?)

So back to my new idea, it’s a take on the Elf on the Shelf idea, but uses the three wise men! (click on the picture for a link to Catholicinspired’s blog)

IMG_1125

It follow's them on their search for the baby Jesus and as you see, they look in some pretty funny places. I’m hoping to get a deal in the off season on this Playmobil set I’ve been eying for years.

Well, I better be off and get the boys and I around for today. Happy Epiphany everyone! God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment